The modern home is constantly moving forward and changing. There’s an endless list of ways to revolutionize your home, from smart home technology to smart appliances. However, modernizing your house doesn’t mean knocking down a wall or making major changes. You can apply small, simple changes to make your home more modern, and we’ve put together a list of some of the most popular home improvement ideas to consider.
While it is fun to dream of a big house with lots of rooms, as a homeowner, you’ll want to think about a home that is easy to maintain, safe, and both functional and appealing. What works well for one person may not for someone else. This is why it is so important to evaluate popular home improvement ideas, both for your own personal needs and your future home’s needs.
Here are 5 easy ways to give your home a modern, updated look:
- Upgrade Fixtures & Appliances – Anyone who has spent any time renovating an older home knows that modern appliances can be pricey. But you can modernize your home by installing new fixtures and appliances, which can save you thousands of dollars in the long run. Installing these fixtures may also require you to check for any faulty wires, and if any are found, you will need to contact an electrician who specializes in electrical wiring & rewiring in Atlanta, GA (or elsewhere) to fix them before any short-circuits or strange smells are detected. You may then start with the various upgrades including the bathroom fixtures. To save space, consider replacing your toilet with a high-efficiency model. Then upgrade your water heater to one that runs on heating oil (which you can get from places like Romeo’s Fuel) or another similar fuel, and consider replacing your sink, faucet, and mirrors.
- Refresh Walls, Flooring, & Countertops – There’s nothing like a well-decorated room to add warmth and a sense of comfort to a home. And while painting the walls is an obvious choice, it’s usually not the most cost-effective or convenient quick fix. If you’re looking to update your home on a budget, consider taking a fresh approach to your décor with updated flooring and countertops. Refresh the walls with a neutral paint color, and swap out you’re flooring for tile or wood. If you want to take it a step further and look at having your roof re-done too, especially if winter is coming up, then you may want to speak to residential roofing contractors in your area to see what they can do for your home.
- Create a Consistent Color Scheme & Flowing Layout – You should maintain a consistent color scheme throughout the room. Consider using complementary colors because they complement each other well and bring out the best qualities of the shades. Avoid using colors that are too similar. Instead, choose colors that contrast well with one another.
- Enhance Interior Lighting – Lighting can transform a space. It can create ambiance, add a dramatic effect, or highlight a specific object. When it comes to adding modern appeal to your home, interior lighting is one of the simplest and most effective ways to do so. Whether you want to brighten a dark hallway, add a modern touch to a living room, or highlight artwork in your bedroom, home lighting can make a statement and transform a space.
- Invest in Curb Appeal – Curb appeal is all about first impressions and how you present your home to passersby. Curb appeal is more than just thinking about making your home look beautiful. There could be a few ways by which one can improve their outdoor look. One such way could be by installing bollards instead of fences along your boundary line. Doing that can give your outdoors an aesthetic and organized look. Similarly, adding a coat of concrete to your driveway can make the path look fresh and clean.
When it comes time to update our modern home, we tend to focus only on the design and aesthetic. But as we spend more time in our homes, we quickly start noticing that it needs more than a makeover. We talk about home repairs with neighbors and friends, but we don’t often discuss our HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning). But the condition of your heating and cooling systems is probably two of the most important ways to keep your home comfortable and your energy costs low.
Home improvement ideas are a dime a dozen, but finding popular modern home improvements is a little harder. We’ve put together our list of the best modern home improvements to give you an idea of what’s out there.
Be the first to reply